AI Data Engineer / DevOps / MLOps
In this position, you will be working at the interface between computer science and clinical research. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team composed of medical doctors and computer scientists and will support ongoing research and development of methods with applications in medical image analysis.
Specifically, you will be:
- Building data science infrastructure for big data analytics.
- Maintaining existing data pipelines and leverage machine and deep learning to create new ones.
- Developing image analysis methods rooted in artificial intelligence (AI) and deep learning.
- Collaborating with clinicians to implement IT assisted medical studies.
- Working closely with medical staff to extract and prepare medical image/tabular for research pipelines.
You have a degree in informatics, computer science, mathematics, statistics, data science, or a related discipline. In addition, you are committed, have fast learning ability and effective team-working skills. You also have the following qualifications:
- Excellent programming skills in at least one of the following languages: Python, C/C++.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL working with large data sets.
- Know-how in programming automations of DevOps processes, preferably using Linux and Slurm.
- Preferable experience with SciPy, PyTorch, Pandas, Polars or other data engineering/ML tools.
- Preferable experience with container technologies (Docker, Singularity).
- Team and communication skills as well as a curious mind.
- Fluency in English.
What we offer
- Development tasks closely related to state-of-the-art and innovative research methods.
- A friendly, international, scientific working environment in one of the largest hospitals of Europe.
- An opportunity to gain experience with medical machine learning, large imaging/tabular data sets.
- An opportunity to make an important contribution to knowledge discovery and personalized treatment of eye diseases, leading causes of blindness today.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Working hours: Negotiable at start between 30-40h/w.
Salary: According to the collective agreement of the university depending on qualification and professional experience.
We are looking forward to receiving your application including CV, certificates and description of your previous project experience.